Saturday, August 01, 2009

Dissertation advice

Now that the prospect of creating a dissertation is looming I've become inordinately interested in dissertation advice. One of the failings of the doctoral program of which I am a part is a scarcity of information or information sources. Other programs I've encountered offer courses from which one emerges with the first several chapters of one's dissertation complete or at least drafted. They also seem to spend a great deal of time talking about conducting research and what's expected regarding both comprehensive exams and dissertation. Sadly, not so in my program. So, in an effort to inform myself, I came across this new column in Inside Higher Ed this week: Demystifying the Dissertation: Piles, Stacks, Folders. It's a new column that, I think, will be useful.

No comments:

Live chat

About Me

My photo
I am... a wife a daughter a sister/sister-in-law an aunt a reader a librarian a doctor a quilter a niece a grandmother ;-) a cat owner 6 feet 1 inches tall a yoga enthusiast a cook