Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Open Access

I've stayed away from Open Access here so far because I tend to get carried away when I start talking about it but I just can't resist passing this along. It's from an article in the online journal Inside Higher Ed (http://insidehighered.com/news/2006/09/20/yale) that reports on Yale University's announcement that they will soon begin making course lectures and selected course materials available for free on the Web. MIT has been doing this since 2001 by making syllabi and other course materials available through their OpenCourseWare project. And Rice University has a similar program called Connexions which I know less about. But what Yale is doing is really exciting Web 2.0 stuff. I can't wait to have a look at it!

No comments:

Live chat

About Me

My photo
I am... a wife a daughter a sister/sister-in-law an aunt a reader a librarian a doctor a quilter a niece a grandmother ;-) a cat owner 6 feet 1 inches tall a yoga enthusiast a cook